Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Quick Announcement


Dear readers,

I hope most of you haven't given up on this blog due to the long hiatus in writing. I'm terribly sorry about that and all I can say in my defense is that there have been some major things happening keeping me very busy lately. Furthermore, I also blame the general Indian atmosphere that has changed my formerly protestant-influenced psyche to some extent: Being idle does not give me the pangs of guilt that it used to. Sitting still has become a viable pastime. I can easily spend an afternoon with a cup of chai or two doing nothing and feel good about it. Furthermore, the approaching summer with it's +40C temperatures makes doing nothing even more tempting. This is perhaps good news for my personal development in an achievement and success- crazed world, but less so for anyone who still visits this blog.

In any case, have no fear, the blog is not dead. On the contrary, it has actually been given a new boost due to recent events in my personal life. Through a sudden twist of fate, I've found work in Delhi and hence I'm becoming a permanent resident of the city - a fledgling Delhiite, if you will.

This means that I shall keep writing, commenting and sharing the Indian (and South Asian) experience; however, this time from a more Delhi-centered perspective. A nine-to-five job gives me a sense of regularity in my life that will hopefully help in keeping up writing as well.

There will be some proper entries coming up soon, so keep checking the site. Next up will be an account on the trip to Assam, the heart of northeastern India.

Thank you for your patience and support, stay tuned!

Best,
The Rickshaw Explorer

No comments:

Post a Comment